Thursday, February 23, 2006

This Day Last Year

Exactly the same time, This Day Last Year, I started my career as a Business Development Executive (precise designation) in the Corporate Division of ICFAI University. The job is to sell Distance Learning Programs such as MBA, MCA, CFA to corporate people. That was a job for which only experienced candidates were recruited. I was the first fresher to join that team. I dont really believe, that I got that offer based on my performance in Interview. The consultancy girl made me through into the job to get her incentive. I struggled a bit to cope with the job and fitted in a month's time. But, even after, something was disturbing me and all of sudden on a pretty good morning, I submitted my resignation letter just like that, ignoring my one month's salary.

Now, This Day This Year, High Court of Madras has restrained the University from making fresh admissions.

The day after I resigned from that University I am in the 'Events' Industry. Now, I am working as Logistics Co-ordinator on contract basis in a Times of India Group company which has its strong presence in both print and broadcating media all over the nation.
Now, I would like to share what I have understood and learned during this period.

Knowledge Acquisition:
Its important for every individual to update their skills & knowledge every day. This should not stop with regular full time studies in schools and colleges. Real Knowledge comes only when the text in the subjects are blended together with job experience. To spell out the truth, my mind and brain are in hibernation for the past 8 months.

Money Matters:
Knowledge alone can never give the bread and butter. Money plays a vital role even in acquiring knowledge. This is the greatest lesson I have learnt in the past one year.

My suggestions to;

Freshers/Job Seekers:
Never ever getaway with jobs with lucrative salaries. Stand up to want u want even it takes some time. Keep Updating yourself everyday. Meet as much people as you can in a day. Remember, when u get a job for which u were longing for, dont work for free after a certain period. You will be forced to get into some job which gives you money. That spoils your career.

Recruitment Executives in Consultancies:
Never ever push any candidate, to fetch an incentive for yourself. Understand the nature of job and the profile of the candidate yourself even when the organization fails to communicate properly.

Parents:
Never ever compare your son/daughter getting ready to enter the corporate world, with their peers or neighbours. Remember, your blood will rock the world one day with his/her unique talents.


(This article is posted in public interest)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a good one. try to put this onfor in group id's. these tips would be useful for someone in taking decision.

R R R said...

thanks for the comments..