Saturday, May 29, 2010

Stupid

It’s a Saturday and I am up early in the morning. Early means early! It is 6 AM now. 6 AM is not early on a weekday. It is normal. But considering a weekend, a Saturday; a fact that I don’t live with my parents and also taking in the fact that I have slept just 4 hours back, makes this 6 AM early.

I woke up not to blog at this time. I was forced to wake up within from my sleep. Something flashed in my mind and suddenly I woke up seeing the main door of my home being open slightly. Got up to close it and couldn’t find the key anywhere. And that was the time I realized something is wrong! Searching for the key I found my mobile missing. Holy cows! I just got it recently and this is the first time I went on to buy an expensive one and I loved it. It did everything for me. Best was its touch screen, songs and camera! Somebody has flicked it from inside my home. Still searching for the key, I found it to be near the window outside the house. First thing I did was getting in and lock the door as I had a rush for morning duty. Refreshing myself, another flash in my mind rushed me to room where I had kept my wallet. That’s a brand new wallet too and I liked it very much. The last couple of currency notes for the month summing to around 500-600 rupees was there. Weekends are the times money is more required for me.

Alas! I could see the wallet in its place. Nothing to wonder! I always keep it in a shelf which is one room in. I sleep in the hall. So, whoever comes in to flick, has to pass me to locate this shelf where my wallet has been kept. I wanted to have a feel of the wallet now. Suddenly I felt attached to it. It appeared and I felt it thin like a person affected with dengue or malaria – and I am a stupid! The wallet is there but the entire money inside is looted.

Opening the door to get in, I had forgotten to remove the key from outside lock and had missed to lock the previous night. It was just closed but not locked. I have a bad memory and absence of mind, both together! For any thief, it would be tempting to open a house which has the key right in front of his eyes, making way for him to open, take stock and flick things. And I have been sleeping deep. Thankfully all other items are safe. This is my home and when I say it’s a home, it’s a home. Not a house or a room. I have been so stupid to lose things I love. The laptop is there intact and my heart still pumps!

It’s a weekend, Saturday morning and the earlier night I thought I will sleep till whatever time I can. I love my home, mobile and of course the hard earned money also. I had left them all vulnerable!

I have been a stupid.

No comments: