Monday, July 23, 2007

Making of PASTA…



  1. Take 300ml of water (2 cups) in a pot and bring to boil

  2. Open pack and add
    Pasta
    Saucemaker
    11/2 tbs of Butter (optional)

  3. Cook for 8 – 10 min on medium flame, stirring continuously

  4. Allow pasta to stand for 1-2 mins with lid on, your delicious pasta is now ready7 to eat !

The above is the procedure given in the Pasta pack. Below is the procedure I managed to get through., It might help you as well., yeah! I swear…


Aim: To make a yummy pasta.
Steps:

1. Take 300ml of water (2 cups) in a pot and bring to boil. (I had additional cups of water nearby as a precaution, on a doubt that pasta was too much in quantity. I’m a bit smart when it comes to cooking; no running once the process starts ! )

2. Open pack and add
· Pasta
· Saucemaker
· 2 tbs of Butter
(You need to be very careful here. After the saucemaker and is added, the pot appears to be small for the contents in it., the mix starts boiling and bubble over in the heat. I somehow… managed it very simply. Just switched off the stove )

3. Cook for 8 – 10 min on medium flame, stirring continuously. (Omigod! Beware, this the difficult step. After the stove is lit, the mix again starts to overflow. Very difficult to manage. So, take the pot from stove, lit the stove, turn the flame to medium and then bring the pot back to stove. Keep the hand spoon ready to stir. Otherwise, you will have to switch off the stove again!!

Don just think that it will be over by 10 min exactly and start your Stopwatch. It will take 15 min approx. If you ask me for a shortcut to end the process fast, turn the flame to medium high from medium and keep stirring. When the flame is increased, more heat is produced. I am a science student, believe me!

Last but not least, the pasta size would have increased as its boiled. To test, take out a piece and try cutting it. It has to be smooth in the process.

4. Allow pasta to stand for 1-2 mins with lid on, your delicious pasta is now ready to eat ! (If you find excess water, nothing to worry, just transfer the pasta alone to another vessel without the water)

A pasta is now ready to eat. Huh!! I never knew its so simple to make a Pasta… I once had a bad testimonial from my friend’s mom that she was forced by her daughter to make a pasta! Probably, I should suggest this method to both mother and daughter.

End of day I had to take in some curd rice. Whatever food you eat my dear friends, nothing tastes like the curd rice and pickle at the end of day. Don’t miss it after you make and taste the pasta!

Result: ………………!! ( Try out and tell me)

No comments: