Monday, August 06, 2007

HAPPY FRIENDSHIP WEEK!!

I am tired on hearing/receiving numerous versions of messages about friends and friendship. Everything is written in some situation and they never reflect the true sense of the relationship. I did little research of what friend and friendship means, obviously through Google and Wiki. Nothing pleased me. I started to think and decided to write my version of what friendship is all about. A bit from all messages and mails were true but did not satisfy me on the whole. To me, words don't appeal all the time especially when it is some kind of commitment. I believe in action than words. So, when someone says me 'You are my dear friend...." and blah blah stuff, it doesn’t actually bother me. I too never tell anyone those kinds of lines. If said, I mean it. Because, I feel that’s a special relationship which needs to be respected and nurtured. Anyone can be a friend to anyone. There are no restrictions to it. Your mom can be your friend, your brother can be your friend, your wife can be your friend and anyone like that can be your friend. But anyone can’t be wife/mom/brother. That’s the specialty of this relationship. The next level of friendship with intimacy and romance becomes love. It’s just a thin line in between. A few understand & acknowledge it and others don’t. Unfortunately, they have been misinterpreted with contributions from the society we live and cinema has spoiled the spirit of love. Yet, friendship stands undisputedly. It’s truly an occasion to celebrate and honour your friends. HAPPY FRIENDSHIP WEEK. CHEERS!

4 comments:

Deepa said...

wow.. this is an excellent post..
these are lines i enjoyed most
***********
words don't appeal all the time
friendship stands undisputedly
****************
Happy friendship week to you too

R R R said...

hey, thanks., been long time u visited my blog right!!

Deepa said...

:) yes.. totally my fault... total laziness on my part

R R R said...

ok., u r spared for saying the truth..but, keep reading n commenting.. :)