Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Peer, Beer, Cheer

Few years back I had written simple lines on life through mathematics. I re-write them now.

add your beers without subtracting your peer; multiply your cheers dividing your tears

I had a verbal comment; that I am a drunkard; even though I was not. I would always defend that I am a social drinker. Now after a long gap like rain hitting on the hottest land I remembered them and thought of those lines being very true. I mean the lines on life through mathematics!! I recount mine and common experiences and wonder how they have meant in our lives as I read them again.

We are always compared with our peer right from our childhood days. I know many parents’ often conversing with neighbors comparing their siblings on food habits, behavior and they reflect heavily on the children in either side which would anyways make no positive progress. Many a times without any reason we get compared to our peer in school and neighborhood. I thought it would stop at a stage probably when education was over and we learn to stand up on our feet independently because all these comparisons are out of fear and a rush that their children should prosper better than the other.

On the other side, out of the blue, children would never mind up those and would exchange the reflections in a cafĂ© or pub. I used to run away from that kind of so called “advice”. I search for a friend who faces the same and we share our experiences over a cup of coffee if the other friend is a girl and a beer if a boy. Nowadays girls joining in for a fix of vodka with lemonade is a different story. Yeah! As we grow up further the world too progresses much beyond for us to cope up with!

These meetings often happen everywhere at different stages to ensure that we aren’t really left behind as had been tried to be communicated. We involuntarily get used it such that we ourselves start comparing us with others at one pint of time.

All the way it’s the peers who make the differences, and beers helping us to overcome those, along with the same called peer. I wonder how peer and beers have contributed bringing cheers to our life. Long live the founder of beers, and the peer who help us along with them getting helped as well!!!

No comments: