Monday, March 17, 2008

Women in my Life!

I wanted to write on this topic on March 8 as the world celebrates that date as woman’s day. (Yeah! I too live in this world). I have been inspired, admired, felt secured, angered, distressed, during my relationships with them. They cherish themselves now and often in my memories.

Out of the whole, a few whom I remember today are;

Srividya: the brightest in our class. Whole bunch of boys would feel envy of any other boy speaking to her and she hardly speaks up only to the brightest of the boys. (Would you believe that I was to the brightest? LOL)… that was during my class 1-4.

Vijayalakshmi aka Vijji: She irritated me. A non-stop nonsense who sat next to me in the class and got a tight slap for not stopping. Her father was a veterinary doctor and scared out of the fellow’s warnings I had no choice other than to fold my hands and ask sorry. (Huh! I had to plead to her to accept my sorry). We were in the same class 4.

Priya: She was my friend for just one day. Its very incidental I met her. She and another boy were returning back from school quarter past nine in the morning and I was walking towards school. As we were late the school gates were closed. She started crying that going back to home, her mom would cane. The other guy obediently went back home. I had nothing to do in home and hated going to school in the noon. So, we had to spend out time together till evening and go back home as an obedient boy. This was during my class 5.

Fatty: LOL… Her name is Fathima. I call her fatty. She gets irritated by me often. She was a very sensible girl during my class 6. It was only fun I had with this girl teasing her to the core. I feel bad for those now:(

I forgot this girl’s name. She was in class 10 while I was in 6. Yeah, she was like my elder sis. We were hostelites. She was the topper in school. I used to learn mathematics lessons from her. I respected her for the patience she showed me during the lessons and I topped in the subject and taught my other fellows too. She was also a guide and a very good friend during my hostel days. I wonder how I forgot her name.

Sherlyn: She is a rock solid girl who I have ever befriended with. She showed an astounding confidence towards life and a brilliant girl as well. She missed her mom and dad at a very early stage. Whenever there were in-house cultural activities in the hostel we used to team up. She is the one with whom I went to church for the first time and onwards. I have learnt many lessons in my life from her. She will always be remembered by me.

Anju: I still haven’t figured out what she had to do with me. She was my warden’s daughter. I haven’t spoken to her even a single word but she landed me in trouble making my guardians getting warned about me. Huh!

There are more people whom I cherish and value most. They are all a mixed bunch of characters I have met and socialized. The above said people are not in touch with me and no trace about them too. But they will always be remembered.

No comments: