Saturday, June 16, 2007

NO to Sivaji!

I am following up with the news about this movie right from the day the trio announced the project. A leading financial newspaper carried it in their first page and projected the revenue to be generated by this project. Then came few stills, cast, crew and everything else followed on. The movie is released now. Definitely I wanted to watch the movie as early as possible to catch up with the mania and put an end to the curiosity and hype created all these days.

I am offered tickets for today's evening show. But I denied the tickets............................................................................................................., because I have already watched the movie 3 times, ;) continuous 3 days and I generously made way for someone else who hasn't watched it yet. This is the first movie I am watching before, after and the day of release.

Believe me, it’s a movie strictly for the Superstar fans. I am a hard fan of the Brand Superstar. It’s full of style and the actor looks like how he featured during 1990's. It was good to see him like that. Speaking about the business generated by the movie; this is the movie which has evoked huge response from all over India. I heard 6 multiplexes in Bombay are running packed houses; this movie has made people all over India to look to South Indian Cinema.

Many theatres have been renovated to screen the movie. The theatre owners are damn sure in taking back their investment from the collections out of this movie. ‘Brand Superstar is the only reason’ they say. I had been to a theatre in Greater Chennai for viewing the movie. That theatre is a renovated one. They have renovated the theatre buying the seating arrangements, sound elements from a Multiplex which in turn has also renovated itself to a higher level.

It’s like the Keynes theory in Economics. Revenue is multiplied across sections from the producer to the poster guy. That’s the reason Superstar is a brand and it’s a festival when his movie is released. It’s a visual treat for his fans, after all that’s what audience expects from him as a Superstar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

no comments about the film ??????

R R R said...

its a superstar movie!

Unknown said...

The movie is a Rajni Movie...
But then, Shankar's fans are terribly disappointed.
The man who has treated us with Gentleman, Indian, Jeans, Mudhalvan, Anniayan... Where is he?
He's missin'.
I am sure nobody would disagree with me on this :(