Thursday, June 14, 2007

Y Chat!

Yahoo thinks that it is doing something innovative. I do agree, but they have to realize that they are left behind. During 1998, some 10 yrs back from now was the time when Internet and Email started to spread in India. Hotmail, Yahoo, Mailcity were offering free email id's. The craze was on Yahoo. I being curious on Internet then registered myself with Yahoo and used to give my email id to all my friends to send me a mail. I was in fact the first student in that school to have an email id. Yahoo used to be colourful, stylish and fast too. I had registered a couple of ids with Yahoo then. Then other services like Photos, Groups started to roll out from Yahoo. They started giving out id's based on geographical locations. The database became huge.

Now, it looks like Yahoo is unable to manage with the database they have. The basic email service which they offer is v.slow. People are now looking for a sleek and fast service. Thats what has made Gmail click. More than the speed the chat in the Inbox is a cool feature. Yahoo has woken up late and I am happy they enabled the messenger in the mailbox at least now.

After a long gap of more than a year I am again starting to use the Yahoo Messenger. See you online!!

No comments: