Monday, February 15, 2010

The Alchemist

After a long haul, the world’s most acclaimed book from a compelling author, The Alchemist made a way to my bookshelf.

Needless to say, many review written about the book worldwide and millions of fans for the author. It was a good read where time got passed. But I felt the reading as a passing cloud. All through the read, my mind was searching for something which could stay on firm and alas there was the end. This is a symbolic book telling about Omens and the universe conspiring when you set to chase your dream. Not really acceptable, it’s a symbolic book. Guess the expectations around the book made me look for something great or flip around. Huh!!

Now been over a week I read it, nothing other than that single line remains in my mind and that line appears like a statement like air. You cannot catch air. The only satisfaction I have is that I got this book from a roadside vendor and the money I paid would really help him. A similar way, I got God of small things from a boy who was selling books in traffic signal and the book was all agony that I dropped it.

Still, I have got two more books, one from an acclaimed writer and another from a amateur, 22 year old. No expectations this time.

No comments: