Monday, May 14, 2007

rain rain come again!!

It is always the unexpected happening every time, especially when it is an encounter with nature, that too in a city like Chennai. This is a season of mercury soaring to its peak. It’s horrible to be out at times like this in the city.

Surprisingly, there were showers on Saturday night. It lasted for just 15 min, but down poured heavily with thunder and lightening. I was watching a movie; electricity was cut; sneaking out that time, the thunder and lightening was far better than the visuals and sound in the movie ;) few lines flashed out and I penned those and was curious in knowing how they were and started disturbing my friends at that time of the day.

its raining! its raining!
with thunders and storm,
with lightening across the sky,
with an amazing pace,
in this summer,
in this city,

in my face,
its raining!!

Is it like the KG rhyme!? Yeah!! Sometimes, you need to go back to your childhood to enjoy certain things ( ;) LOL)

What made me raise my eyebrows was that the next day I heard that it had rained only in few parts of the suburbs and I was fortunate to have a feel of it this season!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmmmm. summer always reminds me about our elcot days

R R R said...

oh ELCOT.,i too rmbr that..besides, every summer had been diff for me.,everything is treasured..