Monday, January 11, 2010

Dream On...

Thanks to kindness, life becomes beautiful
Thanks to love, life carries on
Thanks to compassion, life is endowed with value
Thanks to a grateful heart, life is filled with joy and delight

Thanks to Dream On, China’s Disabled People’s Performing Art Troupe. They call themselves disabled but they left us the thought in us that they are specially-abled than us by their stunning performing arts which was purely mesmerizing the whole crowd for 2 hours.

I got a 500 rs ticket for the show. While the show was on, I thought I should have bought a 1000 rs ticket. Their performances were spectacular and splendid and it was worth paying that money. But while coming out of the show, everyone felt the love they had showered on every individual in the hall. A girl who was on her wheel chair and a guy who was blind, both Chinese, were performing and singing Rahmans "Jai Ho", “Chinna Chinna Aasai” and moreover "Vande Mataram" by heart in Tamil. We couldn’t escape from feeling their love and it was priceless. Money cannot be substituted for it. I came out spell bounded, got few cards of them and their autograph. I am glad I did them for this is an event for lifetime and they are the real heroes in life spreading love and compassion all over the world.

The troupe founded in 1987 has artistes comprising of people who cannot see, hear, walk and touch. Chinese are definitely gifted in performing arts however they are (I'm gonna and have to compliment my chinese friend for this). They go around the world winning accolades starting from the first citizen of the country to the last citizen. They were doing their show for the first time in India that too in Chennai and there was very less crowd.

A R Rahman made it to the show and was there for the full 2 hour show. There are so many troupes like this around the world who don’t visit India because there is lack of infrastructure, sponsorship, good crowd and so on. Somewhere we still lack something which is very basic. I don’t know if it’s called humanity. But I think that’s it. I feel glad that I was there at that event. Let love spread its wings more. Dream On…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a lots for your valuable comments, as said its true in lack of sponsors and their interest for a good cause .. But still we are trying to do this Dream On in many cities.

thanks and many regards
Benedict Savio
Event Director- Dream On
+91-9884750247
www.dreamon2010.com

Optical Eyes said...

A mist of dance on the stage,
A jist of dust on the eyes,
Never turning to and fro,
Steady Cam in need of your desk,
Tats wat the event is....!



We value your comments and its great to see a blog created for Dream On.

In few days www.dreamon2010.com website will be uploaded with pics of the event and the troupe.

Dream On official website : www.dreamon2010.com

- Jehroome.A
Operations & Execution
Global Media Box
+91 95000 90830

R R R said...

Thank you so much Benedict and Jehroome.

Its definitely a wonderful event and should be taken to other cities.

My special thanks and wishes to you both from Event Management perspective as I know it well how it is to run a show without good sponsors. I was an Event Manager and do let me know if I could help you in some way.

Thanks for your comments.