Monday, January 04, 2010

January

This month is always good with social events around atleast for Chennai. For those who are there in the city at this time, you have very good options around. My favorite event in the city, the Book Fair has already started. I make it a point to go to the fair every year. If I remember well, it was from my school days I started to be a regular visitor and been 2 years I haven’t attended the fair. Few years back when I visited there, I bought a portrait of Bharathi and laminated it. The portrait was just Rs 5 and the lamination costed me Rs 125.

The next good event is the Chennai Sangamam. It has started just few years ago but a promising event showcasing the cultural strengths of the state. I had been to the first edition of this event while working with the Radio station. It showcases skills and talents of school students as well and I was awestruck by their performances.

Please don’t miss the events. They are the essence of Chennai. Guess I have a bad luck this year as well, but next year I’m going to make it happen somehow. For those who love tennis, the Chennai open is on the way. For those who would like to hit the beach, Marina has a new look now. Wow! Wherever you want to hit, there is something interesting. Chennai is at its best during this season. Don’t miss it!

No comments: