Monday, January 04, 2010

New Year Day

New Year wishes to one and all. Blogging about the first day of the year is a good thing to do. And doing it on the first hour, first day on work of the New Year; it’s too good. LOL! A survey recently from ASSOCHAM announces browsing social media sites during work increases productivity. I’m doing that only! Actually ASSOCHAM is late in announcing this. I knew this idea long back and that’s why I blog only from workplace.

Well, this 2010 January 1 was a different one for me. I did not even realize it was a New Year day and created ruckus with a dear soul of mine. I went in search of some peace. The place was serene, full of nature and actually a spiritual place. It was Auroville near Pondicherry, South India. Auroville is a place where spirituality is practiced and they say that place is for people who renounce on all kind of religions and believes in the fact and truth of Oneness. Well, then I was kind of in a right place. The entire place is cut off from the external world; there is no traffic chaos on the road - for that matter, there are no proper roads first. It was only dusty pathways which had got formed by itself due to vehicular movement. I went there a day prior to the New Year day. From the moment I started, I was on a different mindset altogether. And after reaching there, it was like I was cut off from the outside world. It’s a dense forest where there are few guest houses here and there and very few people and they were foreigners. I couldn’t go out once it’s dark.

Although it’s said as a spiritual place, there are all kinds of exploitations around. The main feature of Auroville was the Matrimandir which is built for meditation which leads the way to spirituality. I was there around for three days and there were 2 things which pulled me. The first one was a painting exhibition in a place called Savitri Bhavan there. Each and every painting had an explanation which was purely spiritual. The paintings in my eyes looked abstract. But then there were instructions in the beginning itself not to look them abstract and see them along with the explanations.

The second one was a discourse on spirituality. This was the one which made sense and my thinking started. I was able to deeply understand what was being said. Actually I should say I kept getting deep in it by listening to it. Suddenly something stroke in my mind and I came out of the building and was sitting on a staircase. The very next minute I thought why was I inside for that discourse. Is it the right thing for me or is it what I want and my thoughts were;

Life is to live and living is to feel and face whatever comes on the way everyday. It’s all about living with love, hate, joy, sorrow, happiness, sadness, affection, dejection and so on. There are both ups and downs of life. Most of us don’t want to get hurt, get closed ourselves or go seek spiritual! But still we get hurt. When we get hurt most of us lose our confidence in our self or on which hurt us. It’s not the fact! What we lose are the qualities to forget and forgive, changing ourselves for better, embrace people around, and in little we forget to live for better. When everyone learns not to repeat their mistakes, forget, forgive and embrace each other working out with their lows and highs I think life will be beautiful.

I remembered Bharathi suddenly and decided to exit from that spiritual place and went on search of the home where Bharathi lived in Pondy. Unfortunately, that place was undergoing some renovation and I couldn’t check in. Altogether, although I did not choose spirituality, the place was full of nature and yes peaceful. I will recommend that place, but you got to check in with like minded people alone. The rates are pretty nominal to be spent once in a year.

No comments: