Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Scenu…

I am a local fellow.


A local fellow that I take road side snacks daily and choose the public transport rather than auto rickshaws or taxis or my own car. Local in the sense I always prefer to mingle with the common man around me which makes me common too.


I am sitting in the Bangalore International Airport as I write this. This local thing in me has made me write this. Usually when you travel by public transport, say the bus, you board and then the conductor gives you the ticket. Way back to home yesterday I travelled by office bus. So, no tickets! My boss called me that time and said please travel tomorrow. Well, it’s an air travel. I chose the public carrier. Air India! As it was a last minute call, I completely missed to pick my ticket and landed here in the Airport early morning. Going to the airline counter and asking for a print out, the officials indicated that I don’t have the correct PNR number. LOL! I did not feel any jerk or bad for it. Because it was booked by my office! Loss is for them if I don’t travel. After effects from boss will be a different story altogether!


Had to do something to get the tickets! There was a passenger behind me in the queue. (2 too make a queue) It was a girl. Looked available! With no hesitation, just like the white collar guys I took out my laptop to access my mail. After logging in only I realized that I don’t have any net access or data card to check my mail. I had never been given a data card in office. I can use the internet only if I plug that blue or yellow wire in the laptop. Then how and why did I take it out!!! Girl effect…! Girls somehow have some magic in them. In Tamil they call it as “Bandha” or locally it is referred as “Scenu


Time was running. She quoted her PNR correctly. I acted doing something in the laptop. Battery low! Then wi-fi option came to mind and checking out, it was blocked as a security measure by my office. Too much things by my office! May be because we manage this Airport’s operations! But I know the administrator thing in my laptop. I had done some fraud sometime back to have it and now it helps. A 15 min free internet access was on the way by the time the official in the counter popped up asking for a photo identity of mine. Nothing to wonder he wanted to check my identity! Early in the morning standing before the counter without the ticket quoting a wrong PNR!! I thought this is going to be yet another drama. But not!


Good day to start with, the official searched the records for my reservation and gave me the print out. The girl too got hers. Getting in, she was following me to the check in counter and I have followed her to the café and sitting here just next to her table seeing her, typing this. Darjeeling black tea…4 sugar cubes…laptop open with a formal look in my face... She should be thinking I am some high profile busy guy. Scenu… Or even she would know the real truth too. Whatever, time to board now. She is up to the gate…

No comments: